1. Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players, a coach or other team personnel. Any members or team personnel who participate in a fight will be disqualified from tournament contention.
2. Let it be known that spectators and visitors or other team members who too elect to involve themselves in a fight during the course of the tournament will also be disqualified from tournament contention.
3. Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play, there will be no refunds.
1. All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, coaches, spectators, referees and the tournament staff. Failure to abide by this rule can lead to disqualification from tournament contention.
2. Team captains/coaches will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations.
3. The Ohio State University’s Muslim Students’ Association, the Buck-I-Slam tournament Director, and the tournament staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost, or stolen.
1. Team rosters must be submitted before January 3rd, 2016. Only the players listed on the submitted rosters may participate on each team.
2. All teams must wear the provided BUCK-I-SLAM basketball jerseys during their games. Basketball shoes must be worn. All Jewelry must be removed. Necklaces, earrings, and watches cannot be worn during the game.
3. The team captains/coaches are entirely responsible to make sure that their players fully understand tournament rules and regulations.
4. All players must have signed a waiver/liability form and an official roster sheet prior to the start of the first game.
5. Players whose teams are eliminated may not join another team who is in contention at any time during the tournament. Teams caught with ineligible players will be disqualified.
6. Maximum of 2 non-Muslim players per team
1. Game Clock: Games will consist of two 12 minutes halves.The clock will stop for dead balls under the 1 minute mark at the end of each half. Games will be extended to having 15 minute halves for the play-offs.
2. Overtime: Overtime periods will be implemented, when necessary, during the playoffs. Each overtime will consists of two two-minute periods with the clock stopping with fouls and violations in the last one minutes.
3. Time Outs: Each team will be allotted 1 timeout (1 minute) per half and they will not carry over. In case of overtime, 1 extra time out will be given.
4. Grace Period: a five minute grace period will be allowed for tardiness and then if a team does not have four players to start the game, the game clock will start or team will be forfeited.
5. Team Fouls: Players will be given 5 fouls per game. “One-and-one” bonus shots will be awarded upon receiving the 5th team foul, and the team will be in double bonus upon receiving the 7th team foul, per half.
6. Technical Fouls: All technical fouls will count as a personal foul. If a player receives a second technical foul during the same game, the player will be ejected from the tournament.
7. Pressing: Full court pressing is allowed, however, there will be no pressing if a team is 20 points ahead.
The entry fee ($20 per player) is due before the first game. Cash or check. Entry fees are non-refundable.